Please help Spinterheads the Movie come to London...Click on "Demand it!"


Demand Splinterheads in London!
Splinterheads in London - Learn more about this Eventful Demand

View all London events on Eventful

Monday 12 October 2009

Autumn, apple crumble time....

I woke up this morning to the sun shining on my face, dew covered windows, and a longing for Autumny food - you know, stews, pie's, roasts, any warm cosy food. For me, however, the most Autumn like food is my mother's apple crumble.It is truly DIVINE!

My mother makes the best apple crumble in the world. I know there are those of you out there that may be thinking something along the lines of, "uh, no, MY mother makes the best apple crumble". I fear you are all wrong. It consists of flour, lots and lots of butter mixed together in a frying pan, with lots and lots of sugar, some cinnamon. This forms a mushy, sticky glorious sweet crumble. Cut the apples into slices, and layer them in a deep pan/bowl. Put a layer of apple, some butter, cinnamon, and on top of this add the floury, sugary, cinnamony, buttery crumble. Place this in a heated oven (about 170 to 200 C) for about forty minutes. Keep an eye on it, it may need less time so after about 20 minutes have a peek to check it is not burning. After you have prepared such a glorious warm, comfort food, it would be heart breaking to burn it!!

I hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any yummy recipes I should try on these Autumn evenings.

Love,
Aynanita

No comments:

Post a Comment